02 August 2009

Facebook Group Says Soldiers Are Not Heroes

I posted the following comment on the message boards of this Facebook group. Apparently there is another Facebook group called "Soldiers are not heroes". The group on which I posted this message is an opposition group to the SANH group. They want them removed from Facebook. I am less concerned about that than I am the vitriole and hatred I am reading from SANH. These people are dangerously ignorant and I am worried stuff like this will become more common. Check out some of the message boards if you want, but be warned. It is some truly detestable stuff. So anyway here's my post:

I wanted to make something very clear. I have read a lot of really inflammatory language in these message boards. Much of it comes from the fools from the "Soldiers are not heroes" crowd who join this group so they can troll around and make people angry. Some of it borders on hate speech. Others have said terribly vile and putrid things but bring up relevant points. One post screamed in colorful and ignorant obscenities about censorship and how "retarded" this group was for trying to remove the other group from Facebook. I am not for censorship. However, I detest ignorance and the sycophants from the "Soldiers are not heroes" group are the most ignorant group of people I have ever encountered. Facebook would not tolerate a "Black people suck" group or a "gas the gays" group. At least not to my knowledge. I believe that the "Soldiers are not heroes" group is equally obscene as my outrageous hypothetical examples. I simply cannot fathom why anyone would join any of these groups that spew out such hatred and ignorance. So let me make this clear. I am not for censorship, but these slime bags ought to go. I don't want the government to be involved in any way. I am an avid defender of the Constitution. In fact if the government were to step in to try and remove them I would oppose such an action. I would simply like to see Facebook exercise their right as a private business to deny service to this group of ignorant hatemongers at the "Soldiers are not heroes" group. I'm not going to be all that upset if they don't, and I am being kind of normative here saying what "ought to be", so either way there it is. Take it or leave it. That is my opinion. Here are a couple of quotes that I feel are fitting to this topic:
It is very easy for people who have grown up in a pampered Western existence to cast stones at those that stand at the tip of the spear and look our nation's enemies in the eye. Only those that stand in harms way know what hell really looks like - and that is why they so vigorously defend against it. -RangerUp
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -John Stuart Mill