25 November 2009

Real History of Thanksgiving

William Bradford and the "pilgrims" are the object of much legend and falsehood. The holiday we call Thanksgiving is based on the brave voyagers who colonized Plymouth, MA and most people are taught a lot of garbage about the history of this holiday. The first Thanksgiving was not about thanking Indians for helping them survive the winter as is often taught in our pathetic public schools. Indeed I remember the lessons we were exposed to. They were wholly inaccurate. The first Thanksgiving was all about giving thanks to God. While I do not fancy myself a highly religious man, I am a believer and I feel it is important that people understand the true meaning of this holiday. Read HERE about the true history of the very first Thanksgiving.

0 comments: