13 March 2010

College Educators, Elected Officials FAIL Basic Civics Exam

From the Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI):
Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

I missed 1. That's a score of about 96%. That means I scored 40 points higher than the average college educator. Elected government officials who took this exam averaged a score of 44%! WTF!

3 comments:

Silke said...

Good job. Do you know which question you missed?

I got 100%! Thanks for the link. Very interesting.

SSG_E said...

I don't remember the specific question, but I misread it at the time. Might have been the one about the "public projects" because I know I didn't think that any of the answers were very good.

Silke said...

Do you mean this question:

"A flood-control levee (or National Defense) is considered a public good because:"

I had to pause on that one too.